The Mineral Point depot was built in 1856 from local materials, and has survived to become the oldest depot in Wisconsin. The Mineral Point Railroad Society was formed in 2000 to further the restoration of Mineral Point's historic railroad depot, and to promote historic preservation and community awareness through related historical activities. Once the restoration was completed, the depot reopened to the public as a railroad museum on September 2nd, 2004.
- The museum is currently CLOSED for the season.
- The museum is open seasonally from May through October.
- Please note that an admission fee helps sustain our operations.
- Hours: Thursday through Saturday, 10am-4pm and Sunday, noon-4pm
- For more information: 608-987-2695
- Address: 11 Commerce St., Mineral Point, WI 53565